Setka program, definition and study. A-Z index of Cognitio.

The Setka program was a state UFO study program established in 1977 in the Soviet Union.

UFO, definition and study. A-Z index of Cognitio.

UFO

Two committees came forward, working from 1978 to 1990. After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the data was inherited from Russia and released in 2000. In 1977, a state program for UFO study called Setka was launched in the Soviet Union. The program was officially established in October 1977. Two research committees were set up for its implementation: the Setka MO, under the orders of the Ministry of Defense and composed mainly of military personnel, and Setka AN, at the orders of the Soviet Academy of Science and composed of scientists. The first group had the task of studying the military aspects of the problem, such as UFO influences on the malfunctioning of military equipment and installations, while the second group had to study the physical effects associated with UFOs and tried to understand its causes. Coordination of the first commission was entrusted to Colonel Boris Sokolov, that of the second commission to Professor Vladimir Migulin, co-chaired by Dr. Yulii Platov as Deputy Coordinator. According to the findings of the study reported by Platov and Sokolov, 90% of abnormal atmospheric phenomena observed in Soviet territory could be explained by the effects of human activities (especially rockets and meteorological balloons), while the remaining 10% is unexplained; for these latter cases, it has been hypothesized that the cause should be sought in rare or unknown phenomena. Various ufologists have disagreed with the results disclosed by Platov and Sokolov. Paul Stonehill, scholar of Soviet and Russian UFO sightings, believes that only the results of the Setka-AN studies were revealed, while those of Setka-MO would remain secret. Stonehill further argues that nothing indicates that someone within the Setka program tried to analyze the cases that were unexplained.

Setka program, definition and study. A-Z index of Cognitio.

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

 

To open the video  click on the image, good view from your Alessandro Brizzi.



Setka program, definition and study. A-Z index of Cognitio.

Setka program